Stem cell therapy in veterinary medicine.
As like human body animal body possess several type of stem cells having various potential. These stem cells are used experimentally and clinically in several therapeutic approaches. In veterinary medicine Stem cells are most commonly used for the treatment of musculoskeletal injuries in horses and dogs. New technologies are developed in which spermatogonial stem cells are reproduced to preserve endangered animal species. The same methods can be used to generate transgenic animals for use as biomedical models in pharmaceutical production. In the treatment of spinal cord injury and myocardial infarction Small and large animal species serve as valuable models for preclinical evaluation of stem cell applications in human beings and in veterinary patients.
· Sources of stem cells in animals
· Hard-tissue repair
· Ligament and tendon repair
· Muscle repairs
· Kerato conjunctivitis Sicca (KCS )
· spermatogonial stem cells in Transgenic animal production
· spermatogonial stem cells to preserve endangered animal species